***IMPORTANT NEWS*** We're watching the numbers, and staying safe. Most of our programs are still Virtual in 2022 due to the uptick in asymptomatic COVID19 cases, and the breakout of variants. Our Winter/Spring After-school offerings will resume January 20, 2022 with some in-person limited capacity hybrid options available in Henry, DeKalb and Clayton Counties. All in-person events will require face masks, social distancing guidelines, proof of vaccination, (or on-site COVID19 test), and a real-time temperature check for each participant and guardian.
Coming Soon! In celebration of our 20 year Anniversary we're taking our Community Learning Labs & Programs on the road with a Mobile Classroom on Wheels!! Visit our Donate page to support our efforts to expand quality equitable education to a zip code near you!
What is the Partner In Education Program @ MetIncPowerCo?
The Partner In Education Program is an opportunity for our organization to share our expertise, time, ideas, experiences and resources for the educational success of students and families.
We intentionally convene resources with collaborative partners to help close the gaps of education and learning loss across K-12.
Ready to find out more? Download our PIE Roadmap
Our PIE Roadmap shows you step-by-step how we support K-12 schools to ensure every child has access to a pathway to quality education
Meet Dr. Sherri Greene, Principal of Dutchtown Elementary School: Help us celebrate her as our 2021-2022 Principal of The Year and latest YOU ROCK Community Award Recipient
How do we support students through PIE @ MetIncPowerCo?
Each of our K-12 programs center on reinforcing the learning progressions of each student by supporting wrap around services for their parents, guardians and caregivers. Our Parent University program provides parents and caregivers monthly supportive workshops centered around K-12 support, parent advocacy through strategic partnerships with GA CAN, and financial literacy workshops through a sponsorship from Delta Community Credit Union.
Ready to find out more? Get started today!
How do we support teachers through PIE @ MetIncPowerCo?
We love to assist teachers with special classroom and school activities.
Whether bringing our talented volunteers to the classroom to present on curriculum topics, to serving on program advisory committees to help ensure instructional programs are current and relevant, our program staff are committed to helping bring curriculum alive in the lives of students.
It is no secret that teachers struggle to support the growing needs of students in the classroom in maintaining the adequate amount of supplies, innovative instructional materials and cutting-edge technology in an ever-changing world.
We have created a strategic partnership with BK International Education Consultancy to support teachers across our program sites and provide teacher mini-grants.
Our Teacher mini-grants help supplement classroom supplies, curriculum support and more thanks to partnerships with Teacher Pay Teacher, our corporate sponsors, and contributions from individual and community sponsors.
Through the support of collaborate partnerships with Google, Microsoft, Adobe and more, teachers participating in our PIE program have the added benefit of gaining access to a robust database of digital learning resources specially curated for educators.
Some topics of Certification include:
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Certifications
- Google Classroom Certifications
Ready to connect your school? Get started today!
It's simple! First consider:
- What is your greatest need currently? What resources or challenges do you need help with affecting your students and teachers?
- What age group do you want to focus on for your pilot PIE project?
- What current partners can help further support this collaborative effort with the PIE project?
Then, take the following steps:
- Contact our Program Coordinator to set up a meeting email@example.com
- Relax, we will figure it out together from here
How do we support community partners & local business through PIE @ MetIncPowerCo?
Through giving of your time, talents, and resources, your services as a partner with us empowers our ability to broaden the learning experience of students and support the work of teachers, while empowering parents' abilities to appreciate your brand. As a result, businesses and community organizations will discover signicant benefts as a MPC PIE Partner including:
- Personal and professional satisfaction in supporting the children and youth of our community aimed at closing the gaps of access for historically underserved youth and communities
- Recognition in our organizational publications as well as school, community publications as a changemaker
- Enhanced relationships with school and community leaders
- The opportunity to positively affect the economic and workforce development in your county
These are a few ways we have partnered with community partners and local businesses through our PIE program in the past:
- Volunteer to tutor or mentor students in our Afterschool Program
- Give certificates and gift cards from your local business to recognize students for their achievements
- Sponsor educational field trips: in-person or virtual
- Donate books and other supplemental learning resources
- Donate STEAM-related resources to curate our Mini-Maker Labs
- Sponsor and/or judge student contests such as spelling bees, science fairs, and youth entrepreneurship events
- Participate in career fairs and mock job interview events
- Provide work-based learning internships for students (unpaid)
- Provide VIP learning experiences with Executive staff from your business (CEO, CFO, COO, VP)
Ready to partner your business? Get started today!
It's simple! First consider:
- What are the resources you and your organization have to offer as a partner?
- What age group do you prefer to support at this time- elementary, middle, or high school?
- What schools are conveniently located to your organization? Are they already a member of the MPC PIE Program? If not, would you consider collaborating with us to get them added?
- Would you prefer to partner with a specific MPC PIE program at just one or more than one school?
Then, take the following steps:
- Contact our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a partnership plan that meets your interested and supports student and school needs through our MPC PIE Program Agreement Form
- If you will be tutoring or mentoring students, coordinate with the school representative to complete all necessary school forms including a criminal background check.